News+and+politics religion philosophy the cynic librarian: All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy

Saturday, December 30, 2006

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy

I love that movie. It's the one movie that actually makes you believe that ghosts really do exist. And I really do know (as opposed to what, believe?) what it means to work and have no play.

Especially the last two weeks, though this is nothing compared to what I've known. Do I sound grizzled and old yet? ...

Fooling aside, I have been very busy at work. I have only had time to dream of several postings that I might get the chance to write.

I've also been trying to catch up on some real reading. I've wanted to finish Tanabe Hajime's Philosophy as Metanoetics for some time. Finally, I had a chance to do this.

In recognition of this milestone, I've started something of a Tanabe memorial at Wikipedia. It's starting out with a simple bibliography, but I hope to expand it in the next few weeks or so.

Just a few words before I move on and finish up editing Kierkegaard Carnival II: I do think that Hajime is the closest thinker to the spirit and content of Kierkegaard that I have read. Along with Shestov, I believe that I can learn a lot from what he's got to say.

And on that note, that's all I've got to say for now.

No comments: